An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, talented and passionate Senior Account Manager to join our busy, growing team. At MXB you will join a team who are focused on making extraordinary happen every day. You will grow your achievements and our client’s success, working diligently with our market-leading, global brands across Technology, Corporate, Retail and FMCG.
Scope of Role
As a Senior Account Manager, you will identify potential opportunities to generate new business from both our existing portfolio of clients and from new prospects. You will add value to our existing client accounts by ensuring the planning and control measures are in place so that we always deliver on time and on budget. As a leader you will be totally on the pulse at all times, bringing insight and knowledge to inspire the team and clients alike.
On a daily basis you will oversee the outputs of Account Executives and Account Managers and support their continuous learning and development. You will emanate professionalism and a positive attitude, setting exemplary standards that install confidence in your ability to both client and team. The team will benefit from your astute brief development and direction, client knowledge, critical path management and simultaneous management and control of a diversity of tasks.
- At least three years’ experience within a busy agency environment at Account Manager level
- A relevant Third level qualification
- Demonstrate fully integrated account management experience across digital, media and creative services
- Demonstrate the profitable delivery of campaign and project targets and exceptional budget management. Project realistic and informed target billable amounts for each client as part of the fiscal planning process. By monitoring WIP, liaising closely with team and client you will ensure that there is always an up-to-date status around billables and upcoming opportunities with existing clients. You will work closely with the Financial Director to ensure monthly budgets and targets are met.
- Demonstrate successful new business conversion. By agreeing new business targets as part of the fiscal planning process. You will develop and implement an approach to prospect, nurture and convert lucrative contacts to agency clients.
- Demonstrate gainful Client Relationship Development. You will instinctively know how to add value to the client brief. You will escalate briefs where you feel there is wider opportunity immediately so that other talent within the agency can add value to the brief. You will manage and nurture the skills within the wider team to ensure they are equipped to add value to all client briefs they are working on. You will maintain/ inform a WIP of all live jobs, updating current status for client daily. Dependent on client requirement you will host a weekly WIP call, reporting and escalating any issues or concerns whether perceived or shared.
- Demonstrate strong Team leadership and Process Management. You will instil best practice within the team adhering to the processes defined within our quality management system. It is paramount that you onboard all new members within the team so they become compliant and competent at delivering all MXB processes to ensure we deliver a consistent service level for clients. You will support the creative team with project direction based on wider knowledge of the account to allow them to achieve a ‘right first time’ standard. You will support all relating processes; job costing, PO request, knowledge of invoicing so that work is processed through the system as efficiently as possible.
- Demonstrate industry knowledge and insight. To add value to client briefs, setting our work apart and ensuring award winning, industry leading concepts, you will be at the fore of knowledge of the most innovative and breakthrough sources and solutions that are live in the marketplace. You will work with production on new and forward-thinking in-store solutions sharing ideas with clients over and above brief. You will adhere to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies and ensure team members adherence.
- A client-oriented attitude with focus on creating strong long-term relationships with clients and encouraging others to work toward this goal
- The ability to organise, plan, lead and control client briefs and budgets
- Ability to identify opportunities within client organisation, have a persuasive and confident approach to solution development on projects and close business
- Effective team management capabilities and at least two years’ experience in managing a small junior team
- The ability to produce timely and accurate reports
- A knowledge of key industry trends
- A team player who has the ability to build positive and lasting relationships with both colleagues and clients
- A confident, charismatic person with a flexible and positive attitude
- Motivation and the desire to execute every job to a standard of excellence
- Drive, dynamism and the ability to deliver results
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills